About Dr. C. Hall "Skip" Jones
Dr. C. Hall "Skip" Jones has been active in education and training, leadership, management, aviation, and entrepreneurship since 1972.
- Doctor of Education Degree (Ed.D) in Educational Leadership with a major in Adult Education
- Master of Education Degree (M.Ed) in Aerospace Education (Curriculum & Instruction with an aviation slant)
- Bachelor of Science Degree (B.S.) in Aviation Management (Management with an aviation slant)
- Certificate in Airframe and Powerplant Technology (FAA A&P mechanic license)
Education and Training Experience
- Assistant Professor, Head of the Aviation Management Division, and Part 141 Chief Flight Instructor for a large university Aerospace Engineering Technology program.
- Maintenance Training Program Manager for a large Part 121 regional airline.
- Designing, developing, delivering, and evaluating online undergraduate, masters, and doctoral level courses in education, aviation, management, and research and applied statistics.
- Doctoral dissertation advisor and doctoral dissertation committee Chair.
- FAA Certified Flight Instructor since 1973.
- Florida Professional Teaching Certificate - Earth / Space Science 6-12 and Technology Education 6-12.
- Chief Flight Instructor under FAR Part 141 for a large university Aerospace Engineering Technology program.
- Experimental mechanic for a major manufacturer of aircraft piston engines.
- General Manager and FAR Part 135 Chief Pilot for a full-service general aviation fixed base operation.
- Aviation Department Manager and Chief Pilot for a multi-aircraft international corporate flight department.
- Experimental and Production Test Pilot for a manufacturer of corporate turbo-prop and fanjet airplanes.
- Director of Engineering and Certification for a large aerospace industry manufacturer’s association in Washington, DC.
- Founded and grew a consulting firm specializing in design, development, delivery, and evaluation of online and onsite education and training courses and programs and statistical analyses of course and program quality and effectiveness.
- Founded and grew a custom aircraft maintenance firm that specialized in rebuilding and restoring antique and classic airplanes and manufacturing parts and components for experimental aircraft. The firm produced both Oshkosh and Sun ‘n Fun airshow winning airplanes.
- Founded and grew an aviation training firm that specialized in training for mechanics (A&Ps) and aircraft inspectors (IAs).
- Founded and grew a music business teaching guitar and trombone, repairing and modifying acoustic and electric guitars, and repairing and restoring brass musical instruments specializing in vintage jazz era trombones.
Federal Aviation Administration Licenses and Ratings
- Airline Transport Pilot - Multi-engine Land
- Commercial Pilot - Single Engine Land, Single Engine Sea, Multi-engine Sea
- Certified Flight Instructor - Single and Multi-engine Airplanes and Instruments (Gold Seal)
- Basic, Advanced, and Instrument Ground Instructor
- Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic (A&P)
- Inspection Authorization (IA)
- Over 12,400 hours of logged pilot time in 101 different aircraft makes and models.
- Jazz trombone
- Chet Atkins style finger picking guitars
- Fly fishing
- Scuba diving
- Long distance bicycling
HC-13, Box 300653
Fayette, Utah 84630
Website Contents © 2007 -
All Rights Reserved